Saturday, June 29, 2013

TIME WELL SPENT!!!

This has been one heck of a journey!!! But I cannot complain one bit. The fact that I'm even here writing this blog is such a blessing. I have climbed many mountains and have walked through many valleys to get here...both spiritually and physically...

As I reflect on what I have learned in this program, my mind becomes flooded with thoughts. I have learned so much! But when I think about what got me through this program, the one thing that comes to mind is "God's power". I could not have done this without Him. From being homeless for to now owning a condo, I cannot dare say that I did this on my own. I was homeless before I started this program and was homeless for about a year into the program. Being in a situation like that while going to school is not easy. But it is possible. On top of that, my father passed in the middle of the program, and he was only 50 years old. It was, and still is, a mind-blowing experience. But everything happens for a reason right? So with that being said, my first deeply felt lesson that I want to share is: always keep the faith! No matter how hard things may seem or how impossible they may look, never give up on your vision, your mission and your dreams! If God brings you to it, He will definitely bring you through it. If He showed something to you, then it must be real...take it from me!

Another lesson is: regardless of differences and specials needs, all children deserve a chance at receiving high quality anti-bias education. Growing up in Detroit, Mi, I was blessed to receive quality education regardless of my surroundings and other physical attributes. This is something that I hold near and dear to my heart. People maybe able to take away material things but no one could ever take away a person's education once they have received it. My daddy taught me that....



Last lesson that I am going to share is: never be afraid to face your imperfections. After all, they make us who we are and we can learn a lot from them. Dr. Teri has to be one of the best professors I've ever I had. At first, I thought she was too hard on me. I have always excelled in school but I struggled in the beginning of our Capstone. She ripped my papers apart and a couple of times I cried (lol). But to receive a perfect score on my Capstone Project brought me great joy. I had to face those papers again to see what I needed to fix. I think I had a minor anxiety attack as I pulled the documents up for review but I did not fant (lol). If I would have let my pride get in the way, I probably would not have learned from my mistakes. I plan to enroll in an MSW program in the Fall and I am pretty sure that I am going to do a lot of writing. But I can honestly say that I am confident in moving forward in my education because of her. Thank you Dr. Teri and thank God for you! 

I have a ton of long-term goals. But to sum them all up, my long term goal is to always be a great example for children, not just on the professional level, but on a personal level as well. These children need someone to look up to on a regular basis. Let's be honest; not all children have a positive role model to follow. I am thankful for my parents but I sometimes wish they could have been better examples for me. However, if they would not have been, then I do not think my passion would be as strong for children as it is now. It runs really deep for me; and I believe a lot of that comes from my childhood experiences. A lot of times we do not understand why things happen the way they do, but we just have to trust that God knows what He is doing and He does not make any mistakes.

With that being said, to my classmates, thank you thank you thank you for your encouragement, feedback and critiques. They are much appreciated and they have helped me a great deal. Dr. Teri, thanks again for being such a wonderful professor. You have helped me become a better student and a better writer. Val and Jo...get ready for we have a mission to complete!!! Everyone else, I will see you at the top! It does not stop here! Love you all, God bless and keep up the good work!!! We made it!!! Hallelujah...
Brandee Pierce
email: bpierce6383@gmail.com, brandee.pierce@waldenu.edu
Facebook: Brandee Katrice Pierce-TheArtist...Everyone please add me!!!!!

For those who want my phone number, feel free to email me and/or Facebook me!!! Yay!!! :-) 


 





1 comment:

  1. Brandee,
    Thank you for sharing all that you have learned and I can second your thoughts on FAITH - it can truly move mountains. Praise the Lord for all He has brought you through and I pray He will continue to keep his hand upon you. Best of luck and feel free to contact me anytime. Many Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete